The 2014 “Making it Easier to Serve” conference is right around the corner! The registration page is now live and can be viewed here! We also are excited to announce the Keynote session by Janie Robertson.
Parents of faith want their children to have faith – is that an obvious statement? At church, the context we sometimes create for our children is the formal learning environment of our school system. But when the Bible pictures faith-building and spiritual growth it uses nurturing words like family, community, Body. It goes beyond transmission of knowledge and talks about life transformation and Christ-likeness. The teachings of Jesus and Biblical realities were not meant to be processed as information but to be experienced. If we’re a parent or a Sunday School teacher, what can we do to help shape a child’s faith and make it stick?
1. Faith formation gives children the chance to encounter God for themselves
- With their mind, heart and will
- how might we adapt curriculum content to encourage our children’s unique faith journeys?
2. Faith formation creates the chance for children and their parents to learn together in a learning/life praxis: life experience, reflection and sharing the faith story, living The faith story – repeat!
3. Faith formation provides opportunity for children to live their faith and participate in the ministries and activities of the congregation. Why we should do that and how we can do that.